Monday, December 3, 2018

Hot Spots in business


Blockchain changing the way transactions are done
Changing the way information is processed
Communication in the workplace
I am particularly interested in communication in the workplace and how the layout of the office (or the lack thereof) affects how people discuss ideas and issues. Although there is currently a push for open offices, studies have been done to measure the effectiveness of this setup and have found it to be less effective which I found to be very interesting. Working from home has also been shown to be both effective and ineffective depending on the type of person that does it. 

2 comments:

  1. The communication aspect is interesting because it just adds another facet to social media. In this age, can social media not only cause us to massively waste time, but to maximize it as well in a work setting? I've already experienced this (as I'm sure many have) with Facebook group chats in organizing all sorts of things, from my job to homework projects to clubs. In a meta sense, how can we maximize our maximizing and minimize the vegetating, all through social media?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I connect so much with the third article! The location I want for my workspace depends so much on they type of work I'm doing, and I much prefer activity-focused work over time-focused work. It would be interesting to see how communication changes with this mixed workspace idea. Do people communicate with their coworkers better or worse? Do they get along better, or do they even get to know their coworkers? Are digital communication services like Slack and Zoom effective for those environments? I also wonder why more companies aren't moving over to the mixed office system. Maybe its successes and statistics haven't been shared widely enough?

    ReplyDelete